Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Last days in Sligo...and counting

It seems that the universe is trying to push us back to the big schmoke! I got a job there starting next week and wish the world could feel half of my excitement right now. After nearly 4 years living in Sligo County (I moved in January 2009) there are some things to be missed. Sligo is definitely one of my favorite counties in the west and living in Rosses Point just makes the farewell even harder. Fishing, the quietness, the silence and the lack of traffic, except when you face some tractors that keep you slow for some minutes. There are some pubs in particular that I will miss too: Harry's in Rosses Point (the best seafood chowder I think I ever had) The beach bar and The flying horse in Templeboy, and few others in Sligo town. I am gonna miss some of the friends that I made in the past few years too. On the other hand most of them got jobs/moved to other places before me so it was really about time to go, I guess. Sligo is one of the best surf spots in Ireland with places like Strandhill, Tra bhui, Enniscrone and some others that I didn't have a chance to try. Enniscrone is also another place that I will miss, that is for sure. Spending one evening in one of their pubs having some nice dinner, walking along their long beach, fishing by the pier, sea bath at the seaweed house, that place smells like holidays 24/7. Our current place too. Living in Sligo is to enjoy a different pace of life. 

On the other hand we are both city people. We realized we can't live that far from the city. Although there is traffic, stressed people, lots of people everywhere you go, there is that buzz, that sort of buzz we don't have in the country. I have also some friends + my in-laws, kaz family waiting for me there which makes my moving not that complicated. There is also a chance of dusting off my bass and take part in some cool jams. Dublin smells like music, a good one. I will finally become a member of the Irish Whiskey Society since their events only happen in Dublin and hopefully will keep my old habits on (fishing, homebrewing). No surfing though :-( I should point out that Dublin is perhaps few degrees warmer than here, I've noticed that in many times when I was walking with only t-shirts on the rest of dubliners would have scarves, gloves, hats and coats on. 

Till next time

p.s.: Things are going well with my dad. He is keeping an-eye on his intakes and probably feeling much better. Can't wait to visit them probably early next year. 



No comments: